Department Mission Statement
We are committed to providing the highest of standards in product, presentation and hospitality to our guests. As a cohesive team dedicated to the needs of our customers, we will anticipate and respond to our guests with professionalism, discretion and good will.
Areas of Accountability
As assistant to the Executive Chef, you will be responsible for preparing and producing food items, a la carte, buffets, and banquets to the specified requirements set by the Executive Chef. You are flexible; open-minded and confident to take over any section of the kitchen operation at anytime and to ensure a high level of food quality, value, consistency, and satisfaction for our members and guests, while maintaining/exceeding budgeted labor and staff targets.
As part of the Kitchen Team, you will always lead by example by displaying exemplary behaviour and being well-groomed at all times.
- Must understand the proper handling of food, equipment and utensils.
- Prepare food according to Chef’s specification and recipes.
- Set up daily mise-en-place.
- Assist Station Chef with food requisitions to ensure sufficient stock but no wastage.
- Ensure attractive display of food items and samples in display cases as well as presentation for buffets
- Receive food checks, event orders and prepare as required.
- Clean and maintain the working areas of the kitchen, store, equipment and utensils.
- Check the sauces, meats, fishes, vegetables, fruits and all pre-cooked and raw items to prevent spoilage.
- Check the kitchen before service begins: all sauces stand by and if required in bain-marie, everything neat and tidy, kitchen staff in proper uniforms.
- Supervise and participate in the meal service.
- Follow and enforce the hygiene and safety standards by Food Safe requirements and the Club.
- Knows the Club fire and safety procedures and operation of kitchen.
- Co-operates and delegates work properly and in fair manner. These are essential for the smooth operations of the kitchen.
- Supervise the general cleaning and proper handling of food leftovers (reusable) after meal services. Re-organize refrigerators, re-stock items up to par, re-organize section for next meal period.
- Responsible for setting up breakfast buffet, lunch display, dinners samples and banquet buffet and reception, and have maintain strict quality control.
Minimize wastage and optimize leftovers.
Must be available to work 5 days a week shift works
To apply for this position, please email your resume and cover letter to Human Resources at: firstname.lastname@example.org