Department Mission Statement
We are committed to providing the highest of standards in product, presentation and hospitality to our guests. As a cohesive team dedicated to the needs of our customers, we will anticipate and respond to our guests with professionalism, discretion and good will.
Areas of Accountability
As assistant to the Executive Chef, you will be responsible for preparing and producing food items, a la carte, buffets, and banquets to the specified requirements set by the Executive Chef. You are flexible; open-minded and confident to take over any section of the kitchen operation at anytime and to ensure a high level of food quality, value, consistency, and satisfaction for our members and guests, while maintaining/exceeding budgeted labor and staff targets.
As part of the Kitchen Team, you will always lead by example by displaying exemplary behaviour and being well-groomed at all times.
- Prepare food for all areas of the Club: Café, lounges, banquets and private rooms
- Maintain high quality of food and service
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment
- Assist in storage, refrigeration and rotation of food
- Minimum experience: three years for 3rd Cook; should be experienced in hospitality-related industry and/or enrollment or graduation from a hospitality or culinary program preferred
- Effective combination of education and experience will be considered
- Must be able to work flexible hours, days, evenings and weekends
- Possess Food Handler’s certification
- Ability to prepare small and large quantities of food, in a fast-paced environment
- Flexibility to prepare breakfasts, lunches and dinners
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively in English
- Ability to work well under pressure and take direction
- Ability to handle and prepare a variety of meats, fish, vegetables and starches
- Motivated team player with good initiative and problem solving abilities
- Must be available to work 5 days a week shift works
To apply for this position, please email your resume and cover letter to Human Resources at: firstname.lastname@example.org