NSWC MINOR HOCKEY
Last Updated – Sept. 14, 2022
U9- U6 (formerly Initiation or H1- H4)
U9 to U6 players will take part in balancing skates beginning September 17th. These sessions will strictly be to get a sense of our young players’ abilities in order to create balanced teams for the season. THIS IS NOT A TRYOUT. Every player makes a team.
U13, U15 & U18 Hawks
For players not wishing to take part in the tryout process this season, your first team sessions will be the week of September 17th-24th depending on age group and team ice time.
Female U15, U13, U11, U9, U7
For our Female teams your first ice times will be the week of September 17th-24th with your regular team coaches.
The information in this email is subject to change. Please find hyperlinks to the following documents:
Tryout Process – Click HERE
- U11 Hockey Canada Skates (groups same as Tryouts) & Schedule – Click HERE
- Tryout Groups & Schedule – Click HERE
- U11-U18 Season Information – Click HERE
- Number of Teams
- Roster Size
- Tentative Team Ice Schedule
Transfers from outside NSWC must be approved before you can register. Any discounts will be honored once transfers can be accepted. Please contact Evan Richardson (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions.
New players (players that have not played before) are required to send in documents prior to registering. If you have not played for any Minor Hockey Association please contact Tasha at email@example.com . Once the documents have been submitted, you are then able to register.”
2022-2023 Minor Hockey Registration
We have developed a program that will allow players to focus on improving their overall athleticism as well as their skill as a hockey player.
- Base Registration Fees
- Rep Tryout Fees
- Coach & Team Development Fees
- Team Fees
1. Base Hockey Registration Fees
All U6-U18 players will be required to pay the base registration fee with their registration and do not include coach & team development fees. This is the base fee amount that is based on the standardized elements that are provided to every player. This includes, but not limited to:
- Ice Activity Fee
- BC Hockey & PCAHA Fees
- Regularly scheduled games & practices (2 practices/skill dev & 1 home game)
- Jerseys, socks, & team gear
- Team Snap fees
- Certifications/Team supplies/Coach equipment
- Player testing & software; detailed player evaluations
- Administrative, referee in chief, ongoing coach support & mentorship
Early Bird Registration Fees (by May 15th): $990 + GST
Regular Registration Fees: $1075 + GST
Initiation (U6-U9, Tyke & Novice): $915 (inclusive of team development fees)
*1/2 of the Female Tyke or Novice registration fees are waived for their first year of hockey
2. Rep Tryout Fee (optional)
Teams will be tiered: A1 – Hawks (U11 to U18) through a tryout/evaluation process starting September 7th. Please note, players must attend all sessions. Players must register for tryouts HERE by August 1st
3. Development & Coaching Team Fees
These will be charged based on division, roster size and number of development sessions allocated to each team. To ensure that players are receiving top-end development at all levels, these fees will include:
- Professional Coaching fees (Rep & Female)
- Skill programs & development
- Goalie specific development (private & group)
- Educational sessions: mental training, nutritional seminars, future planning etc.
This allows for consistency in the program at all levels, and provides families with more transparency into the overall team cost, which will then be billed based on the final roster sizes. These fees will be finalized in September.
U11-U18 Hawks & Female C teams can expect lower team fees of between $300-$900, where rep teams can expect fees between $800-$2500 per player.
*Tyke/Novice/U6-U9 Team Development Fees included in Registration
4. Team Fees (Managed by the team with optional costs)
For all levels, parents will be asked to pay an additional team fee, based on the team budget developed by the team manager. A parent meeting must be held at the beginning of each season for the manager to present the proposed budget and seek parental input and approval. The budget must also be submitted to the NSWC Hockey Department for final approval. These fees are determined by the team and could include, but not limited to:
- Tournament Expenses
- Referee Payments
- Additional team apparel
- Extra skill development or dryland sessions
- Team Building events
- Team photos
- Coaching software: video analysis
- Coach gifts
- Other team costs determined by the team
A $500 deposit will be charged on members’ June statement to hold the player’s spot. This will be fully refundable if your player makes a BC Hockey High-Performance team. The remainder of the Base Registration fee will be charged to your August statement.
A $150 non-refundable tryout fee will be charged to your member account on your September statement for those players attending tryouts. Registration for Tryouts on Game Time, click HERE.
The Coaching & Team Development fees will be charged in 3 equal installments, once roster sizes are finalized: Oct, Nov, Dec. If any families are in need of additional assistance, we encourage you to reach out so we can help to support your family.
If you have any questions about your statement, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Registration Refund Policy
The following refunds will be granted:
1. 100% until July 1st
2. 50% July 2nd – until the commencement of tryouts for the player’s respective age group
3. No refund will be issued once the Rep tryouts have begun for the player’s respective age group
4. 100% in the event the player succeeds in getting rostered to a BC Zone, Junior or Academy team.
5. 100% if there is no team offered in the player’s respective age group or if there is no rep team in the player’s respective age group and the player leaves to play at the rep level elsewhere.
Although it appears by next season we will not be having to factor this in, but we recognize that we’re still navigating on the back end of a challenging and uncertain time. We are continuing to monitor COVID-19 developments and will follow all recommendations and guidelines from the PHO, BC Hockey and ViaSport. To the extent that any restrictions affect the upcoming season, we will advise all members if there are any prorated fees and/or refunds.