Last Updated – Feb 25, 2022
Even though summer is just around the corner, we are ready to welcome you back for another hockey season this fall!
Important Registration Deadlines/Information
- Registration opens: April 15th
- Early Bird Pricing deadline: May 15th
- Player Registration Deadline: June 1st
- $500 Deposit will be charged to your member account, on the June statement
2022-2023 Minor Hockey Registration – Opens April 15th, 2022
We have developed a program that will allow players to focus on improving their overall athleticism as well as their skill as a hockey player.
- Base Registration Fees
- Rep Tryout Fees
- Coach & Team Development Fees
- Team Fees
Base Hockey Registration Fees
All U6-U18 players will be required to pay the base registration fee with their registration and do not include coach & team development fees. This is the base fee amount that is based on the standardized elements that are provided to every player. This includes, but not limited to:
- Ice Activity Fee
- BC Hockey & PCAHA Fees
- Regularly scheduled games & practices (2 practices/skill dev & 1 home game)
- Jerseys, socks, & team gear
- Player testing & software; detailed player evaluations
- Administrative, referee in chief, ongoing coach support & mentorship
Early Bird Registration Fees (by May 15tht): $TBD
Regular Registration Fees: $TBD
Initiation (U6-U9, Tyke & Novice): $TBD (inclusive of team development fees)
*1/2 of the Female Tyke or Novice registration fees are waived for their first year of hockey
Rep Tryout Fee (optional)
Teams will be tiered: A1 – Hawks (U11 to U18) through a tryout/evaluation process starting September 7th. Please note, players must attend all sessions. Players must register for tryouts by August 1st.
Development & Coaching Team Fees
These will be charged based on division, roster size and number of development sessions allocated to each team. To ensure that players are receiving top-end development at all levels, these fees will include:
- Professional Coaching fees (Rep & Female)
- Team Snap fees
- Skill programs & development
- Goalie specific development (private & group)
- Team supplies/coach equipment
- Educational sessions: mental training, nutritional seminars, future planning etc.
This allows for consistency in the program at all levels, and provides families with more transparency into the overall team cost, which will then be billed based on the final roster sizes.
U11-U18 Hawks & Female C teams can expect lower team fees of between $300-$900, where rep teams can expect fees between $800-$2500 per player.
*Tyke/Novice/U6-U9 Team Development Fees included in Registration
Team Fees (Managed by the team with optional costs)
For all levels, parents will be asked to pay an additional team fee, based on the team budget developed by the team manager. A parent meeting must be held at the beginning of each season for the manager to present the proposed budget and seek parental input and approval. The budget must also be submitted to the NSWC Hockey Department for final approval. These fees are determined by the team and could include, but not limited to:
- Tournament Expenses
- Referee Payment
- Additional team apparel
- Extra skill development or dryland sessions
- Team Building events
- Team photos
- Coaching software: video analysis
- Coach gifts
- Other team costs determined by the team
A $500 deposit will be charged on members’ June statement to hold the player’s spot. This will be fully refundable if your player makes a BC Hockey High-Performance team. The remainder of the Base Registration fee will be charged to your August statement.
A $100 non-refundable tryout fee will be charged to your member account on your September statement for those players attending tryouts.
The Coaching & Team Development fees will be charged in 3 equal installments, once roster sizes are finalized: Oct, Nov, Dec. If any families are in need of additional assistance, we encourage you to reach out so we can help to support your family.
If you have any questions about your statement, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Registration Refund Policy
The following refunds will be granted:
1. 100% until June 1st
2. 50% June 2nd- until the commencement of tryouts for the player’s respective age group
3. No refund will be issued once the Rep tryouts have begun for the player’s respective age group
4. 100% in the event the player succeeds in getting rostered to a BC Zone team in any zone.
5. 100% if there is no team offered in the player’s respective age group or if there is no rep team in the player’s respective age group and the player leaves to play at the rep level elsewhere.