The North Shore Winter Club takes great pride in providing a world-class hockey experience for all ages. The Men’s Hockey League is designed to provide a safe, fun, social, and competitive hockey environment that’s accessible to players of all skill levels. Men’s Hockey is a recreational league that’s rewarding both on and off the ice. Men’s Hockey is governed by the Minor Hockey Committee, who’s mission it is to maintain a league comprised of balanced and equitable teams, to foster a spirit of competitiveness among members, and to welcome new members into a friendly and enjoyable hockey focused organization.
2020 – 2021 SEASON DETAILS
Structure: All games will be played in 1-hour game-slots:
- Games will be played in a 5-on-5 format.
- Games will include a five (5) minute warm-up.
- Two (2) 27-minute, run-time periods.
- There will be a two (2) minute intermission between periods.
- Games are scheduled on Wednesdays & Sundays.
- In accordance with viaSport’s Return to Sport guidelines, Phase 3 will allow for participants to be involved in contact activity and breach the 2-metre physical distance guidelines while in the field of play (on the rink).
- A cohort can consist of either fifty (50) people or four (4) teams, whichever is deemed most appropriate by the PSO, which in the case of hockey, allows for more than 50 participants, based upon active roster sizes.
- A participant may be part of only one (1) sport specific (hockey) cohort at any single time. A participant may transition to a new / different cohort as an individual participant or as a member of a team, granted that a 14-day wait period has occurred prior to participating in Phase 3 activity within the new cohort. The schedule will reflect this.
- The active roster limit is 25 players, of which a maximum of 13 skaters and 1 goaltender are eligible to play in a scheduled game.
- Sparing will only be allowed within your four team cohort.
- The Sr. Men’s Committee is reviewing enhancements to existing procedures, rules and protocols to assist in delivering Phase 3 activity. Any adjustments will be curated and communicated to the membership for implementation during Phase 3.
- Currently any participant in Phase 3 activity must either maintain social distance (2 metres from any other participant), wear a mask or be separated by a barrier from other participants while on the players’ or penalty bench and in dressing rooms.
- Participants will need to acknowledge and accept that, if required by a Government or Public Health agency, changes to our format or rules will be considered in the event of a change in Provincial sport guidelines.
Equipment & Amenities:
- Full face shields will NOT be required, but recommended.
- Players must provide their own water bottles.
- Showers will be available.
- Two (2) dressing rooms per team will be allocated with designated physical distancing markers. Dressing rooms must be vacated after 25 minutes for cleaning purposes. A dressing room attendant will be present.
Registration: Where applicable, division specific rules will continue to apply (e.g. Div 1 or Div 2) please register in the appropriate category.
- Registration will now be on Game Time.
- A $300 deposit (1/2 the Ice Activity Fee + League charge) will be charged to your member account on your September statement. Second payment will occur in January.
- League fees will align with previous years’, with a credit extended to returning players due to last year’s shortened season.
- All returning players will receive a $75 credit (1st installment), once their 2019-20 jersey is returned to the club. Jersey’s must be received by September 18th.
- Registration – open NOW. Closes September 20, 2020
- Draft Day – September 25, 2020
- Season Start – September 27, 2020
Contact Grant Stewart if you have any questions or concerns: firstname.lastname@example.org