The North Shore Winter Club takes great pride in providing a world-class hockey experience for all ages. The Men’s Hockey League is designed to provide a safe, fun, social, and competitive hockey environment that’s accessible to players of all skill levels. Men’s Hockey is a recreational league that’s rewarding both on and off the ice. Men’s Hockey is governed by the Minor Hockey Committee, who’s mission it is to maintain a league comprised of balanced and equitable teams, to foster a spirit of competitiveness among members, and to welcome new members into a friendly and enjoyable hockey focused organization.
Summer 2021 – DROP-IN
- Sign up on Sr. Mens Website HERE.
- Free of charge.
- Wednesday & Sunday evenings, starting June 27th (unless PHO orders change).
2021– 2022 SEASON DETAILS
Structure: All games will be played in 1-hour game-slots:
- Games will be played in a 5-on-5 format.
- Games will include a five (5) minute warm-up.
- Two (2) 27-minute, run-time periods.
- There will be a two (2) minute intermission between periods.
- Games are scheduled on Wednesdays & Sundays.
- The active roster limit is 25 players, of which a maximum of 15 skaters and 1 goaltender are eligible to play in a scheduled game.
- Sparing will only be allowed within your four team cohort.
- The Sr. Men’s Committee is reviewing enhancements to any existing procedures, rules and protocols to assist in delivering Phase 3 activity, as per any PHO orders. Any adjustments will be curated and communicated to the membership for implementation during Phase 3.
- Currently, when not in the field of play, any participant in Phase 3 activity must either maintain social distance (2 metres from any other participant), and be wearing a mask at all times while in the hallways, dressing rooms and throughout the Club.
- Participants will need to acknowledge and accept that, if required by a Government or Public Health agency, changes to our format or rules will be considered in the event of a change in Provincial sport guidelines.
Equipment & Amenities:
- Full face shields will NOT be required, but recommended.
- Players must provide their own water bottles.
- Showers will be available.
- Two (2) dressing rooms per team will be allocated with designated physical distancing markers. Dressing rooms must be vacated after 25 minutes for cleaning purposes. A dressing room attendant will be present.
Registration: Where applicable, division specific rules will continue to apply (e.g. Div 1 or Div 2) please register in the appropriate category.
- Registration opens June 1st on the Senior Men’s Website, click HERE
- Early bird rate: $199 for first half of season
- Ice Activity Fee (to be charged in two installments: October & January)
- Registration – open until Sept 8, 2021
- Draft Day – September 15, 2021
- Season Start – September 26, 2021
Contact Grant Stewart if you have any questions or concerns: firstname.lastname@example.org