Happy new year!
Another year means another opportunity to play the game we love or to cheer for the game we love. For the players who strap their blades on and coast out onto the blank canvas we call an ice rink, a new year represents a new outlook, a fresh kickstart.
Here are 25 New Year’s Resolutions for hockey players everywhere.
1. Shoot More
2. Use My Teammates More
3. Pass The Puck Hard
4. Finish My Checks
5. Protect The House
6. Encourage My Goaltender
7. Sit Beside Someone New In The Dressing Room
8. Ask My Coach How He's Doing From Time to Time
9. Bring Someone Up Who's Down
10. Compliment Someone Every Practice
11. Keep My Eyes Up
12. Set Goals For Next Year
13. Eat Better
14. Sleep Better
15. Work Harder
16. Make Small Improvements Every Day
17. Say Thanks to My Parents More
18. Improve My Backward Skating
19. Improve My Positional Play
20. Polish One of My Strengths
21. Tackle One of My Weaknesses
22. Push In My Chair
23. Find a New Cookie Monster Buddy
24. Play for the Shirt
25. Give Everything I Have
Here’s to another year of games, practices, summer camps, open ice, lessons, warmup music, dancing kids with goofy hats and pulling that beautiful red and white sweater over our heads.
Happy new year everybody.