Below is some important information regarding some changes to Club operations effective Wednesday May 26, 2021. These changes are provincial orders and include the lifting of some prior restrictions.
We ask that all members read and understand the importance of following all health orders put out by our provincial health officer, Dr. Bonnie Henry, so we can continue to keep our doors open and our Club operating, under step 1 of BC’s restart plan.
FOOD & BEVERAGE
Regulation: Restaurants, pubs, bars and food courts can re-open for indoor dining.
NSWC Changes: The cafe will re-open for indoor dining on Wednesday May 26th at 10am. The Lounge will be open if the weather is poor. Below are hours of operation and the new rules and regulations regarding indoor dining:
- Cafe/ Kitchen Hours: Mon – Fri: 10am – 8pm & Sat – Sun: 11am – 8pm.
- Lounge/Tiki Hours: Mon – Fri: 2pm – 10pm & Sat – Sun: 11am – 10pm.
- These same rules apply for our food & beverage services:
- We would prefer to serve you, rather than you lining up at the Tiki or Lounge Bar.
- There must be no more than six (6) patrons seated at one table.
- Please do not move your table or chairs, they are measured out for safe distancing.
- Please do not go over to another table to visit, this puts other members at risk and our staff need clear paths to work with.
- Masks must be worn EXCEPT when seated at your table.
- We are mandated to stop selling alcohol after 10pm.
- A reminder that no outside food or alcohol is permitted at the Club at anytime.
- New rules for our Food & Beverage areas:
- We ask that all members consider a 90 minute time limit at peak times or when others are waiting to use our Tiki or Lounge areas.
- The 4 picnic tables located on the far west of the pool area are designated as self serve and are not able to be serviced by staff. Members are asked to use the cafeteria for purchases.
FITNESS & GYM
Regulation: Indoor low intensity group exercise is allowed with limited capacity.
- We are now able to offer group exercise classes inside. Please refer to MINDBODY or reach out to Garth firstname.lastname@example.org for any updates to class options.
- The HPTC can now be booked for up to 4 people maximum (does not have to be same household but trusted cohort). Masks are optional in the HPTC dedicated room but still need to be worn when moving about the area.
- Masks are still mandatory in the gym area except when working outside on the cardio equipment.
HOCKEY & POOL
Regulation: Bookings not restricted to your same household.
- You can now book hockey ice surfaces or pool lanes, dive tank and kiddie pool for up to 5 people. (trusted cohort)
- PHYSCIAL DISTANCING IN EFFECT AT ALL TIMES (Both Pool & Hockey)
- HOCKEY: NO Battling or contact drills. Masks are Mandatory on-ice. Max 2 adults over the age of 22.
- Family guests only. Members are currently only permitted to bring up to two (2) family members LIVING IN THE SAME HOUSEHOLD ONLY up to twice per month for activities.
- Currently there are no changes to Tennis rules. No doubles and no group lessons still apply. We will update as changes come forward.
- We do expect there will be more changes as of June 15th, in step 2 of BC’s restart plan.
Again, we ask all members to follow all Club and provincial health orders at all times while in and out of the Club so we can remain a safe place for our members and staff. We are extremely excited to be able to make some small changes in the Club and ask that all members remain diligent on keeping members and staff safe.
Click HERE for more information regarding the current Covid-19 restrictions in the province.