|Supervisor||Director of Hockey Operations|
The North Shore Winter Club is a celebrated family athletic club serving the Greater Vancouver Area. Home to a rich history of hockey, swimming, racquet sports and fitness, members at the North Shore Winter Club have enjoyed the benefits of a friendly social environment since 1958.
Role Responsibilities of Minor Hockey Administrator Role:
The North Shore Winter Club (NSWC) is seeking an energetic and organized individual to join our organization as the newest Hockey Administrator. The NSWC has a rich and long history of hockey and is one of the leading minor hockey programs in BC. This is an exciting opportunity where you can use your love of the game to work with kids, parents, and a number of highly acclaimed hockey professionals.
The Hockey Administrator will be responsible for assisting the Hockey Faculty and all members and non-members participating in Hockey at the NSWC with administration and communication. Will also assist in all aspects of the daily operations related to the NSWC Hockey Department.
The immediate goals for the job are to include but are not limited to:
- General administrative responsibilities – provide primary administrative support to the Hockey Faculty, and the Minor Hockey Committee (MHC).
- Communicates effectively to Member Services, Food & Beverage, Facilities and other Club departments
- Works with Hockey Coordinator to market, promote, register and organize Club programs, tournaments, spring programs, summer camps, etc; market and promote programs & camps using weekly Club newsletter, hockey e-blasts, posters, website, and social media
- Responsible for entering programs into Game Time; provides program information to Director of Recreation for program guide (quarterly)
- Responsible for creation of attendance sheets and monitoring program numbers
- Assists accounting department with GameTime refunds and payments
Minor Hockey Coordination:
- Oversees tournament registration and follow-up with players and families; supports tournament organization and payment process
- Coordinates with volunteers to procure all risk management certifications: CRC, RIS, CATT
- Coordinates photo day
- Supports coaches and managers administratively (tournaments, billing, etc.)
- Manages order process for Minor Hockey apparel/uniforms
- Jersey management (organize jerseys for new teams, order new jerseys, jersey inventory, charge unreturned jerseys)
- Top up and update equipment for the season (pucks, pinnies, goalie gear, etc.)
- Organizes concussion testing and awareness for players
- Organizes Referee compensation process
- Setup and update Epact with team information
- Responsible for organization of end-of-the-year functions with Managers
- Responsible for organizing, marketing and collecting registration for Banquet; set-up and oversee the day of event
- Orders trophies for teams, Outstanding Athletes, Year-End awards and update plaques
- Coordinates Minor Hockey AGM (PowerPoint overview of season)
- Regularly attends Minor Hockey Committee meetings & takes meeting minutes
- Assists with hockey financials: team and tournament billings, committee statements, coach reimbursements, etc.
Website & Communication:
- Assist with all internal and external communications
- NSWC Hockey website administration and updates
- Supports social media content for programs, events, tournaments & alumni
- Communicates all schedules to all stakeholders
- Provides log-in information and tutorials for team officials
- Maintains timely responses to all emails and phone calls
- An understanding of the sport of hockey is an asset, but not necessary
- Communication skills – solid interpersonal communication focused on customer service, in person, written, and on the phone. Internal communications with co-workers and management demonstrate vital emotional intelligence.
- Meet deadlines and benchmarks, follow established policies and procedures, and ensure the privacy of members and staff alike while consistently displaying a high level of attention to detail.
- Adaptability – receiving feedback in an open and forward-thinking way to adjust to ever-changing demands and situations.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and listening skills
- Experience with various forms of information technology
- Effective problem-solving skills; commitment to accountability at all levels
- Must provide proof of full vaccination (COVID-19)
- You consistently display evidence of the following key characteristics required for optimal delivery of customer service to members, guests, and staff: (1) teamwork, (2) innovation, (3) integrity, (4) quality, (5) accountability.
- Part-time to Full-time hours
- Ability to do some partial work from home
- Flexible schedule
- Potential benefits
Ideally located at the bottom of Mountain Highway just on the north side of Vancouver’s Second Narrows Bridge, the North Shore Winter Club has become a prominent symbol of British Columbia’s proud tradition of inclusive athletics and family fitness. We offer a well-rounded approach to athletics and overall health & wellness with a complete range of social, recreational and competitive programs for men, women and children.
To apply for this position, please send resume and cover letter to Cam Paddock, Director of Hockey, at email@example.com.