The North Shore Winter Club is a celebrated family athletic club serving the Greater Vancouver Area. Home to a rich history of hockey, swimming, racquet sports and fitness, members at the North Shore Winter Club have enjoyed the benefits of a friendly social environment since 1958.
To manage and oversee the Housekeeping Department and ensure the general cleaning of our facility as needed. Also provides cooperative assistance to all other departments within all areas of the club.
- Supervise the performance of the Housekeeping, House Staff, and general cleaning. Take appropriate action to correct deficient conditions, behavior and work practices.
- Inspect all rooms, public areas and team member areas and assess compliance with established standards as they relate to safety, cleanliness, maintenance, and security.
- Communicate any challenges with the appropriate supervisors and managers.
- Assist in production of schedules for employees in accordance with staffing guidelines and productivity requirements. Review and adjust schedule daily to ensure optimum staffing levels. Review assignments of employees and adjust accordingly.
- Ensure standards are maintained at a private club expectation in all areas at all times.
- Monitor consumption of cleaning supplies to ensure proper stock at all times.
- Inspect rooms and public spaces to ensure compliance with cleanliness, maintenance and set-up standards, as well as to verify status.
- Responsible to assist Housekeeping staff & set-up duties when required.
- Other duties as assigned by the Facilities Director.
- Excellent guest service skills are required.
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand English, a second language is an asset.
- Must have strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Walking and standing are occasionally required; you must be able to exert a well-paced mobility to get to other departments in the facility on a timely basis.
- Must be able to lift up to 30 lbs.
- Must possess basic computer skills including all Microsoft Office products.
- Previous experience as a Supervisor or a Senior Level team member in a club or hotel setting is an asset.
If you would like to apply for this position, please provide your resume and cover letter to:
Shane Hayes, Director of Facility Operations, at email@example.com