The North Shore Winter Club is a celebrated family athletic club serving the Greater Vancouver Area. Home to a rich history of hockey, swimming, racquet sports and fitness, members at the North Shore Winter Club have enjoyed the benefits of a friendly social environment since 1958.
Ideally located at the bottom of Mountain Highway just on the north side of Vancouver’s Second Narrows Bridge, the North Shore Winter Club has become a prominent symbol of BC’s proud tradition of inclusive athletics and family fitness. We offer a well-rounded approach to athletics and overall health & wellness with a complete range of social, recreational and competitive programs for men, women and children.
Are you a fun and creative person that loves kids? You have a can do attitude, working with kids between the ages of 1 – 16. You build genuine and authentic connections with the Kids and parents ensuring a safe and energetic environment at all times.
Key Objective of Kids Corner and Youth Events Supervisor:
Responsible for the successful operations of our Youth and Child Programs including Kids Corner, Friday Fun Nights, Birthday Parties, Day Camps, Professional Day Camps, and Holiday Events
- Ensuring the Youth Programs as stated above are run with all efforts to ensure the safety of the children while providing the kids with fun activities that meet all of NSWC high standards.
- Follow a set schedule and supervising youth and children for events, birthday parties, camps etc.
- Engage and supervise children and youth – ages between 1 and 17 years of age
- Creative skills to be able to organize activities, games, crafts, etc
- Maintain close, caring working relationships with members, guests and staff
- Listening to, encouraging, enabling, stimulating and ensuring the safe keeping of the children
- Ensure that all members, guests and staff receive courteous, prompt and professional attention
- Provide a fun safe environment
- Ensure that participants are respecting the program rules and rights
- Reporting incidents to the Recreation & Executive Coordinator
- Resolving conflicts that occur during the program
- Corresponding with parents as needed
Skills and Knowledge:
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Cooperative leadership style.
- Solutions oriented and proactive in nature.
- Above average communication and negotiating skills.
- Child Care Emergency First Aid & CPR-C
- Proof of full COVID-19 vaccination.
To apply for this position, please send resume and cover letter to Kim Hirji, Director of Recreation and Club Events, at firstname.lastname@example.org.