The NSWC Marlins Swim Club is currently accepting applications for the Head Coach, Group Coaches, and Assistant Coaches positions for the 2019 summer swim season.
The NSWC Marlins Swim Club is a non-profit, competitive summer swim club with approximately 100 swimmers. The Marlins has a long and storied history and is entering its 50th season of competition. Despite being a small club we often finish in the upper echelon within BCSSA and have consistently produced provincial medalists and record holders.
Our swimmers range in age from 5-18 and in ability from development level to numerous provincial finalists and medal winners. Our training facility is an outdoor 25 meter 6 lane pool located at a private club in the heart of North Vancouver. The Marlins are supported by many swimmer volunteers as well as a dedicated parent group and executive committee. We are committed to your success as a coach.
We are looking for enthusiastic, engaging individuals that are passionate about swimming/coaching and want to share in the success of their swimmers.
The Head Coach is responsible for the overall program and reports directly to the executive committee. Each Group Coach leads their group and takes an active role in the development of the overall team program working in conjunction with the Head Coach.
- Responsible to plan, organize and execute a summer swimming program for the team/group, including dryland
- Team goal setting as well as individual swimmer goal setting with monitoring of progression and feedback to swimmers throughout the summer season
- Design and implementation in building a strong community within the swim club working in conjunction with the executive committee and in line with the club’s mission
- Develop and execute a communication plan that supports swimmers, parents and the overall operations of the swim club
- Commitment to attend all practices and the majority of swim meets for the full summer season from the beginning of May 2019 to the completion of provincials in August 2019
- Previous experience working as a swim coach in a competitive environment and experience as a competitive swimmer
- Strong leadership skills combined with excellent organizational and communication skills
- Demonstrate an ability to motivate and mentor coaches, volunteers and swimmers of various abilities
- Be able to foster and create a fun, but competitive environment for swimmers of different abilities and commitment levels
- Level 1 NCCP coaching certification and NLS certification not required, but will be considered an asset in selection of appropriate candidates
- Candidates over 19 years of age must provide a current criminal record check prior to commencing employment
We offer a competitive salary package based on qualifications and previous coaching experience. Interested applicants should send their resume and cover letter by email to the NSWC Marlins Hiring Committee via Nicole Benson, email@example.com.
To apply for this position, please email your resume and cover letter to Human Resources at: firstname.lastname@example.org