|Flexible and rotate through weekdays, weekends, evenings, and statutory holidays
The NSWC Marlins Swim Club is currently accepting applications for Group Lead Coach and Assistant Coach positions for the 2023 summer swim season.
The NSWC Marlins Swim Club is a non-profit, summer swim team that is located at a private club in North Vancouver. We operate our competitive season May through August as part of the BCSSA and have a long history of consistently producing provincial medalists and recordholders.
Our training facility is an outdoor 25-meter, 6 lane pool. The team contains developing and seasoned swimmers that range in age from 5-18 years old. The Marlins are supported by many volunteers that include swimmers, as well as dedicated parents and an executive committee.
We are looking for enthusiastic, engaging individuals that are passionate about swimming/coaching and want to share in the success of their swimmers.
General Job Descriptions
- Group Lead Coaches lead their groups and take an active role in the development of the overall team program working in conjunction with the Head
- Responsible to plan, organize and execute a summer swimming program for their respective group, including dryland training, practices and meets
- Responsible for setting group goals as well as individual swimmer goal setting with monitoring of progression and feedback to swimmers throughout the summer season
- Design and execute the building of a strong team community within the swim club, while working in conjunction with the executive committee
- Foster a fun, competitive environment for swimmers of different abilities and commitment levels
- Commitment to attend all practices and any swim meets for the full summer season from the start of May 2023 to the end of August 2023
- Previous experience working as a swim coach in a competitive environment and experience as a competitive swimmer
- Level 1 NCCP coaching certification and NLS certification not required, but will be considered an asset in selection of appropriate candidates
- Strong leadership skills combined with excellent communication and interpersonal skills. You will be able to openly communicate with the executive committee, other coaching staff and respond to concerns or questions from parents/swimmers.
- A current criminal record check prior to commencing employment
We offer a competitive salary package based on qualifications and previous coaching experience. As an employee of the Marlins Swim Club, you will be entitled to certain private club perks that are unique to working in this environment (i.e. free/discounted meals, use of facility, ability to register for programs, etc.)
Interested applicants should send their resume and cover letter by email to the NSWC Marlins Coaching Committee via: email@example.com
Application deadline: February 10, 2023