The North Shore Winter Club is a celebrated family athletic club serving the Greater Vancouver Area. Home to a rich history of hockey, swimming, racquet sports and fitness, members at the North Shore Winter Club have enjoyed the benefits of a friendly social environment since 1958.
Ideally located at the bottom of Mountain Highway just on the north side of Vancouver’s Second Narrows Bridge, the North Shore Winter Club has become a prominent symbol of British Columbia’s proud tradition of inclusive athletics and family fitness. We offer a well-rounded approach to athletics and overall health & wellness with a complete range of social, recreational and competitive programs for men, women and children.
Department Mission Statement:
We are committed to providing the highest of standards in product, presentation and hospitality to our guests. As a cohesive team dedicated to the needs of our customers, we will anticipate and respond to our guests with professionalism, discretion and good will.
Key Objectives of the Production Cook:
This position is an excellent opportunity for advancement for an energetic, experienced Cook looking to gain experience in a leadership role. We are looking for a Experienced Cook to work closely with the Head Chef, leading the kitchen team and helping to managing the food service at the North Shore Winter Club. The successful candidate will be able to develop their culinary and managerial skills to support and build our kitchen team while enhancing our members’ experience and satisfaction.
Key Deliverables and Responsibilities:
- Ensure servings have very high culinary standard
- Oversee food storage and purchase
- Ensure hygienic and very safe kitchen environment
- Produce high quality cuisines
- Report directly to the head chef on kitchen operations
- Participate in recruitment process of cooks
- Participate in training and retraining of cooks
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and proactive guest service while supporting fellow colleagues
- Ensure the consistency in the preparation of all food items for a la carte and or buffet menus according to Club recipes and standards
- Contribute to organizational schemes involving apprenticeship development
- Supervise and train kitchen staff and assess staff performance
- Ensure food quality, food safety, portion control, waste management and respectful workplace standards are being adhered to
- Responsible for pre-shift briefing, overseeing the inventory of work stations, coordinating breaks, supervision of cleaning and closing procedures
- Resourcefully solve any issues that arise and seize control of any problematic situations and provide corrective feedback as needed
- Assist with ordering to stock inventory appropriately
- Comply with and enforce sanitation regulations and safety standards
- Maintain a positive and professional approach with coworkers and customers
- Ability to cope under stressful conditions and be decisive
- Possess strong leadership and organizational skills
- Personable and friendly
- High energy and a strong work ethic
- Must be available to work 5 days a week.
- 3-5 years minimum experience in a similar position and environment
- Possess high knowledge and skill of preparing authentic cuisine
- Must have a passion for the business and a love of food
- Excellent leadership and motivational skills
- Strong interpersonal and conflict resolution dexterity
- Ability to prioritize, organize and follow through as necessary
- A clear thinker with the aptitude to analyze and resolve problems, exercising good judgment
- Capacity to work well under pressure, meeting production schedules and timelines for service periods
- Ability to hold oneself and others accountable
- Ability to communicate in English