|Supervisor||Joanna Hayes, GM|
North Shore Winter Club
North Vancouver, BC
The NSWC is looking for part time Security Ambassador to join our team.
The Security Ambassador will do more than ensure the safety and security of our members, guests, staff and buildings. Often as the first point of contact, they are also Brand Ambassadors and help greet guests, see them on their way and be the person on point when an issue may arise.
The North Shore Winter Club is a celebrated family athletic club serving the Greater Vancouver Area. Home to a rich history of athletics, the Club offers amenities for the whole family including award winning hockey, tennis, pickleball, swimming, food & beverage, as well as premium fitness and wellness services. For members, the Club is a home away from home providing great family experiences including sport, dining, entertainment, socialization, and business.
A day in the life…
- Greet and engage members and guests in a timely, professional and personable manner and respond to member’s needs
- Maintain visible presence by engaging with members and circulating throughout the facility
- Enforce Club policies and rules
- Perform monitoring and surveillance activities
- Assess and assist in emergency situations
- Keep an eye out for patrons who may have had too much to drink and offer assistance
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality
- The ability to maintain an active, visible floor presence as a deterrent in designated areas
- The ability to react appropriately with a calm head when dealing with safety issues, including dealing with rude individuals and stressful situations
- The ability to identify and respond to suspicious activities or inappropriate behavior in a professional manner
- Accountability, initiative and a high level of ownership
- Strong communication skills
- The ability to work a flexible schedule based on business needs
What do we offer you?
- Competitive industry wage
- A free meal and a generous discount on food
- Access to the fitness centre & physiotherapy/wellness clinic
- Free parking; free access to EV chargers
- Teamwork: Work side by side with other managers and member services staff on shift and build a rapport and relationships with the Members.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Valid British Columbia Security License (asset)
- Able to work well with staff and public; willingness to assist peers
- Interact with a diverse population, including young children
- Work with minimum supervision and react quickly
- Communicate effectively and calmly in a variety of situations; proficient in English
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Security experience working in the hospitality industry
- Valid First Aid and CPR certification
- Able to work on the weekends and holidays, including later nights
We thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Part-time
- 6-8 hour shifts
- Thursday, Friday & Saturday evenings with potential for more
If you would like to apply for this position, please provide your resume and cover letter to:
Joanna Hayes, General Manager