|Flexible and rotate through weekdays, weekends, evenings, and statutory holidays
The North Shore Winter Club is a celebrated family athletic club serving the Greater Vancouver Area. Home to a rich history of hockey, swimming, racquet sports and fitness, members at the North Shore Winter Club have enjoyed the benefits of a friendly social environment since 1958.
Key Objective of our Experienced Server/Bartender position:
To provide our Club members and guests with exceptional customer service in our seasonal Tiki Deck patio bar, Lounge and banquet department utilizing responsible alcohol service skills and product knowledge.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Confirms daily specials and provides detail information on ingredients as required
- Records member’s choices and relays same to kitchen
- Recalls orders accurately and delivers correct food items to clients
- Graciously and unobtrusively ensures client satisfaction with meals
- Ensures that members/guests know about new items on the menu
- Recommends wine and beverage pairings with assistance of bartender
- Recommends side dishes to compliment main courses
- Hostess duties
- Handles all customer service concerns graciously, referring difficult issues to the Head Bartender and Management.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Responsible alcohol service certificate (Serving It Right)
- Basic beer, wine and spirit knowledge
- Ability to maneuver up and down stairwells
- Table food and beverage service skills strongly encouraged
- Cash handling. Credit/Debit payment abilities
- Fully Vaccinated
Ideally located at the bottom of Mountain Highway just on the north side of Vancouver’s Second Narrows Bridge, the North Shore Winter Club has become a prominent symbol of British Columbia’s proud tradition of inclusive athletics and family fitness. We offer a well-rounded approach to athletics and overall health & wellness with a complete range of social, recreational and competitive programs for men, women and children.
If you would like to apply for this position, please provide your resume and cover letter to:
Kim Hirji, Director of Events and Recreation at email@example.com