Position: Summer Camp Leader
Status: Part Time (July- Sept, 2023)
Supervisor: Youth & Summer Camp Supervisor
Pay: Hourly, hours are flexible and rotate through weekdays, weekends, evenings and statutory
The North Shore Winter Club is a celebrated family athletic club serving the Greater Vancouver Area. Home to a rich history of hockey, swimming, racquet sports and fitness, members at the North Shore Winter Club have enjoyed the benefits of a friendly social environment since 1958.
Ideally located at the bottom of Mountain Highway just on the north side of Vancouver’s Second Narrows Bridge, the North Shore Winter Club has become a prominent symbol of British Columbia’s proud tradition of inclusive athletics and family fitness. We offer a well-rounded approach to athletics and overall health & wellness with a complete range of social, recreational and competitive programs for men, women and children.
Key Objective of a Summer Camp Leader:
Responsible for following the calendar of events prepared for weekly Kids Multi Sport Day Camps including ensuring the safety of the children at all times.
- Supervision of children for full and half day camps
- Creative skills to be able to organize activities, games, crafts, etc.
- Maintain close, caring working relationships with members, guests and staff
- Ensure that all members, guests and staff receive courteous, prompt and professional attention
- Provide a fun safe environment
- Ensure that participants are respecting the program rules and rights
- Reporting incidents to the Youth Coordinator.
- Resolving conflicts that occur during the program
- Corresponding with parents as needed
Skills and Knowledge:
- Previous practical experience in a licensed school age program or summer daycamp program is an asset
- Current first aid/CPR
- Successful completion of a criminal record check
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to build and maintain excellent relationships with children, their parents,
co-workers and staff
- Flexible and adaptable
- Ability to multi- task in a fast paced environment.
- Confident and outgoing
This position is ideal for someone with high energy and strong patience with children of all ages.
If you would like to apply for this position, please provide your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org