Skip to content
Jordan Moorehead coach
- Favourite stroke: Butterfly and backstroke
- Best swimming memories: The first time I won gold at the BCSSA provincials in 100m backstroke at age 13 was a huge highlight. It was my first time medalling at a provincial meet. The first time one of the swimmers I coached made provincials was also a huge highlight. I love the community of summer swimming and how sport has the ability to teach you not only physical skills but life skills (eg. hard work and discipline) as well.
- Favourite hobby: Exercise of any kind! Currently I’m addicted to Crossfit but try to do as many activities as I can. I also love reading and have more books than I have shelves for.
- Non-coaching life: Right now I’m training for the CanWest Games this July and am finishing some prerequisites for the Bachelor of Education program starting in the fall (my second degree!). I also do personal training on the side when I have the time.
- Favourite stroke: Freestyle.
- Favourite swimming distance: 200m.
- Favourite food/meal: Steak with mashed potatoes.
- What do you hope to accomplish with the Marlins: I hope to be a helpful coach who can provide knowledge and good tips for all swimmers.
- Best swimming memory: Winning seven gold medals at the 2014 BCSSA Provincial Championships.
- If you could have one super power, what would it be and why: Time control.
- Favourite quote or saying: “Many of life’s failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success.” – Thomas Edison
- Favourite Stroke: Butterfly
- Best Swimming Memories: My highlights were qualifying for the 2012 Olympic Trials and the 2014 European Aquatic Championship with team Ireland
- Favourite Hobby: When I’m not coaching and working on deck you will find me in the mountains where I’ll be hiking, biking or climbing to enjoy some of the best views in the area!
- Non-Coaching Life: I currently am attending the University of Alberta doing my MSc in Genetics with a thesis looking at how muscles work as we get older and ways to make them work more efficiently. It is very exciting work that has me around rats and other animals for most of the day!
- Favourite stroke: Backstroke.
- Favourite swimming distance: 100m.
- Favourite food/meal: Steak and mashed potatoes.
- What do you hope to accomplish with the Marlins: I hope to help create a positive Marlins family environment for every swimmer – An environment where every Marlin has the ability to learn that hard work in and out of the pool can help them achieve their goals and to make memories while doing so.
- Best swimming memory: On the first day of the 2014 Provincial Championships in Kamloops, I was told that I didn’t have any swims because my coach gave my spot on the Div. 5 medley relay to my younger sister. Disappointed, I was sitting in Marlinville when all Jenna came running saying that I had to go to marshalling because I had been moved up to the Div. 7 relay! Since I thought I wasn’t swimming that day, I didn’t have any gear with me… no suit, cap, or goggles! Everyone in Marlinville rallied together and managed to find me everything I needed. I put on the gear as quickly as I could and ran with Jenna (walked on the pool deck of course) to behind the blocks. It was my turn to swim and I remember standing on the blocks watching Laine swim in. Before I knew it, I was in the pool! This was my first race at provincials and it is definitely one that I will never forget.
- If you could have one super power, what would it be and why: The ability to teleport so I could go anywhere in the world without having to pay or sit in a plane.
- Favourite quote or saying: “No one ever made a difference by being like everyone else.” – PT Barnum
- Favourite Stroke: Freestyle
- Best Swimming Memories: Relay events are always so exciting, although my favourite memories would have to be my finals at 2017 provincials. The competition was great and it made for some fantastic swims from all of us.
- Goals for the Season: I wish for the Mini Marlins to have a fun time this summer as well as improve on their swimming skills.
- Favourite Hobby: Listening, playing, or writing music.
- Non-Coaching Life: I am graduating high school and will be attending university in the fall. I am interested in law and I intend to pursue that in the coming years.