Payroll Administrator – Part Time
Position: Payroll Administrator- Part Time
Status: Part Time
Pay: Hourly Wage
The North Shore Winter Club is a celebrated family athletic club serving the Greater Vancouver Area. Home to a rich history of hockey, swimming, racquet sports and fitness, members at the North Shore Winter Club have enjoyed the benefits of a friendly social environment since 1958.
Ideally located at the bottom of Mountain Highway just on the north side of Vancouver’s Second Narrows Bridge, the North Shore Winter Club has become a prominent symbol of British Columbia’s proud tradition of inclusive athletics and family fitness. We offer a well-rounded approach to athletics and overall health & wellness with a complete range of social, recreational and competitive programs for men, women and children.
About the Job:
We are currently looking for a mature, self-motivated and confident applicant, to join our exciting and not so average accounting team on a part-time basis helping us achieve our goals and objectives. This role will be responsible for owning the Payroll and Benefits administration at the club. This is a great opportunity for a passionate and proactive professional to further develop their accounting and administrative skills. We expect this role to be around 8 to 16 hours per week depending on the season.
- Works with ADP Workforce Now (WFN)
- Administers the hiring of new employees including setting up in WFN
- Administers the termination of employees including issuing ROES and coordinating final pay
- Collects payroll and adjustments, and processes payroll on a Bi-Weekly basis
- Tracks vacation and Sick hours and reports to executive team
- Maintains the benefits program for eligible employees and communicates with our benefits provider on any issues
- Acts as the go to person for any payroll or benefits issues from employees
- Other duties as required
Skills and Knowledge:
- Minimum 2 years of prior payroll experience
- Working knowledge of Canadian Employment regulations
- Strong Excel Skills, comfortable with the MS office suite
- ADP Workforce Now experience would be an asset, but not required
- Exceptional communication skills and are comfortable using a broad range of communications styles to different audiences in diverse situations.
- Possess a high degree of organization, detail orientation, and be able to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- You take personal responsibility for your work and collaborates positively with others toward common goals.
- You take initiative to find better ways, new methods and process to create efficiencies and achieve operational excellence.
- Ability to prioritize tasks to meet deadlines
What we offer:
- Competitive remuneration
- Comprehensive Healthcare Benefits (for qualifying individuals)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexibility and work/life balance
- Use of Club Amenities including our gym and showers
- Free secure parking (and free EV charging for staff)
- A free meal everyday
- Access to educational and leadership programs, as well as awards and recognition
If you would like to apply for this position, please submit your cover letter and resume by email to:
firstname.lastname@example.org and quote your name and “Payroll Administrator- Part Time” in the subject line.
North Shore Winter Club is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace, free from discrimination. We believe bringing together people of all backgrounds, experiences and abilities is essential to our success, and brings us closer to living our purpose to provide a great environment for our staff and members.
All employment decisions inclusive of recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotions and terminations are based on qualifications, competencies and merit, without the consideration of any legally protected ground. Reasonable accommodations are available upon request.