|Supervisor||Recreation & Executive Coordinator|
The North Shore Winter Club is a celebrated family athletic club serving the Greater Vancouver Area. Home to a rich history of hockey, swimming, racquet sports and fitness, members at the North Shore Winter Club have enjoyed the benefits of a friendly social environment since 1958.
Ideally located at the bottom of Mountain Highway just on the north side of Vancouver’s Second Narrows Bridge, the North Shore Winter Club has become a prominent symbol of British Columbia’s proud tradition of inclusive athletics and family fitness. We offer a well-rounded approach to athletics and overall health & wellness with a complete range of social, recreational and competitive programs for men, women and children.
ABOUT THE JOB
If you are passionate about aquatics, love to be outside and are looking for a fun place to work with great people, North Shore Winter Club wants you! We are currently looking for enthusiastic and energetic individuals to provide swimming lessons, private lessons and lifeguarding duties at our outdoor pool for the months of May – September 2019.
You are a team player committed to providing great member experiences. You are courteous and customer service oriented and love to work with a diverse group of people. You ensure a safe and enjoyable experience for our members and their guests by providing swimming lessons and lifeguarding. Your strong communication skills will help you when instructing aquatic programs to all ages. You are able to provide safety supervision for all swimmers and first aid when required. Your responsibilities also include monitoring pool chemistry and ensuring that pool areas are kept clean.
- Swim instruction, lifeguarding, facility maintenance and emergency medical care
- Facilitating safe community recreation through integration, inclusion and participation
- Providing excellent member and customer service
- Teaching and evaluating all age groups and all levels of swimming
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
- Current Standard First Aid or Aquatic Emergency Care (AEC)
- Current CPR-C
- National Lifeguard Pool Option (NLP) current within two (2) years
- Water Safety Instructor (WSI) current within two (2) years
- Lifesaving Instructor (LSI) current within two (2) years
- I Can Swim Teacher Certification (ICS) current within one (1) year
- Available to work a minimum of two (2) shifts per week including evenings and weekends
To apply for this position, please email your resume and cover letter to Human Resources at: firstname.lastname@example.org