Due to the ongoing media attention of the Coronavirus / COVID-19 and the expectation that in the near future we will all be confronted by challenges of dealing with the effects of this virus, the North Shore Winter Club wants to reassure you that we have taken measures to follow the precautions sent by the BC Health Authority. We’ve been educating our team members and cleaning teams on the Coronavirus and dispelling the fears that have been associated with this virus.
We have recently received guidance from the Office of the Provincial Health Officer and the BC Centre for Disease Control regarding recommended measures for preventing and controlling respiratory viruses, including COVID-19, in public settings.
In a facility of this size, one of the most important things employers and members can do to protect the health of others is mitigate the risk of the virus spreading by informing and promoting infection control hygiene practices. Viruses can spread from person-to-person contact. To protect yourself and others from exposure and transmission of coronavirus, all employees and members are being asked to join our health and safety efforts with the following actions:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer (available throughout the Club).
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then immediately throw the tissue in the garbage and wash your hands.
- If you don’t have a tissue, sneeze or cough into your sleeve or arm.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Please be sure to wipe down equipment and mats after use in the Fitness Centre and studios with sanitizer wipes or spray.
- Please do not come to the Club if you are feeling unwell with symptoms of fever or a cold.
- Seek medical attention if experiencing symptoms, and share travel history with your health care provider.
Note provincial health officer recommendations on COVID-19 (coronavirus):
- If you have been to Hubei province, call 811. The recommended protocol is to limit contact with others for 14 days upon returning to Canada.
- If you have been in contact with someone who has coronavirus, or if you are experiencing symptoms of coronavirus, call 811.
- If experiencing symptoms, please follow the recommended self-isolation protocol and do not go out in public.
The Club has taken the following precautions:
- Hand sanitizers have been installed at all entrances and in high-touch areas throughout the Club.
- The frequency of cleaning and disinfecting, especially in high-use areas, has been significantly increased.
- All Staff continue to be reminded of proper hygiene and cleaning procedures.
We are committed to keeping our Club and community healthy. Thank you for your efforts.
NSWC Management & Staff