Dear Members and Staff,
Over the past many months, Management and the Board continue to review and update our COVID-19 policies. We are still acting as prudently as possible, knowing that the number of cases are still rising in the Province, and we still have concerns with the new variants.
As you know, the Delta variant is currently the most common variant in BC, and is highly contagious. COVID-19 vaccines approved by Health Canada have proven highly effective at protecting individuals from COVID-19 infection and serious illness. We do know that even fully vaccinated people can still be infected with COVID-19, and while data suggests that they experience less severe symptoms than an unvaccinated person, both can still transmit to others.
Considering all of the developing data, we have made some updates to our existing policies effective immediately. These policies will be updated as needed in the future.
- As masks are a proven and effective way to reduce transmission, masks continue to be mandatory in all indoor areas of the Club for Members, Staff and Guests over the age of 2 years old. Masks may be removed when participating in a sport, activity or sitting at a table.
- As more people are fully vaccinated, it is less likely that COVID-19 will spread throughout our community and impact our Club. We are strongly urging all members and staff who are eligible to become fully vaccinated.
- While we have had discussions in regards to mandatory vaccinations for our members, we have decided to not take this step at this time, as we seek greater clarity on this issue. There may be special circumstances that vaccination requirements are included in certain event safety plans.
- All new employee hires will be subject to the new vaccination policy and be required to provide proof of vaccination. We will be moving towards a mandate for all employees to provide proof of vaccination, subject to certain exemptions.
- All guests that are eligible for the vaccination, will be required to provide proof before being allowed access to the Club.
Members may introduce guests for a social occasion or Club activities.
The following restrictions are in effect:
- All Guests must provide proof of vaccination (2 weeks after second dose) in order to gain access to the Club.
- For those that cannot provide proof of vaccination, documentation of a negative COVID-19 test taken within 48 hours, will be accepted.
- Guests may only be 12 and older, and must be accompanied by the sponsoring Member at the Club, at all times.
- Guests under the age of 12 (who are not eligible for vaccination) are only permitted if they are living in the same household or are direct family members (i.e. child, brother, sister, or grandchild) of a current member.
- Each membership is allowed a maximum of two participating Guests per visit (max four per month for club activities), none of whom may be introduced more frequently than twice per month in total.
- The Guest fee for Club Activities (swimming, skating, tennis, pickleball, and fitness) is $15 for adults, $10 for juniors.
- Guests must adhere to all Club policies. Members are responsible for the behaviour of their Guests in the Club.
Organized Athletic Programs & Events
- Any organized club programs, teams, leagues or events will require an approved Safety Plan and all participants will be expected to adhere to these safety protocols.
- Vaccination requirements will be dependent on the safety plan.
- Both indoor and rink-side viewing are now open to members. Capacities are limited, and members are asked to remain seated at all times in these areas.
- At this time, with the PHO indoor capacity limitations, non-member spectators are not permitted.
- Once capacities increase, non-member spectators may be permitted, but will be subject to providing proof of vaccination upon entry to the Club.
Again, we thank you for your patience as we navigate through the continual changes.
Management & the Board