|Dear North Shore Winter Club Members,
Last week, Dr. Bonnie Henry and Premier John Horgan announced Step 3 in BC’s Restart Plan for July 1st. With this announcement the Board and Management continue to put the safety of the members and staff as a priority, because of this we remain cautious with some of the changes, and they will continue to evolve as more of the community is fully vaccinated, and based on member feedback.
We thank you for taking the time to fill out the recent survey on our current COVID booking protocols. There is still a fairly large percentage of members that would like to see booking of some activities remain in place for the time being, to continue to ensure we transition safely. We understand that many would like things to go back to pre-COVID procedures, but we respect that not all members feel comfortable sharing certain spaces with others at this time.
Please familiarize yourself with the following updates, specifically for our Club activities:
Effective Friday July 9th Only
Leisure Pool & Dive Tank
- 12pm-5pm: Bookable on Gametime for groups up to 10
- 5pm-8pm: Open Swim, no booking required.
- 6am-8pm: bookable on Gametime for lap swimming or groups up to 10 people.
Effective Monday July 12th (onwards)
Leisure Pool & Dive Tank
- Mon-Sun: 12pm-3pm, bookable on Gametime for groups up to 10.
- Mon-Sun: 3pm-8pm, Open Swim, no booking required.
- Mon-Sun: 6am-12pm: will require booking on Gametime for adult lap swim (no lifeguard on duty)
- Mon-Fri: lanes will require booking on Gametime 12pm-9pm, lap or groups up to 10.
- Sat/Sun 12pm-8pm: 4 lanes will be available for Open Swim, no booking is required.
- Sat/Sun 12pm-8pm: 2 lanes will be available for booking (Lap or Groups).
- Advanced booking limit increased to 4x/week. Same day bookings allowed and don’t count towards the limit.
- New Hours: 6am – 10pm
- No booking required; no weekly limit.
- Indoor classes to start the week of Sept 7th.
- Studios need to be booked; 2 days in advance booking.
- Skills Ice – No booking required
- Open Hockey (Large/Small/HTC) – Bookings for up to 10 skaters
- Booking limit increased to 4x/week.
- Spectators – Indoor viewing areas are still closed; rink side viewing allowed in the arenas (max 50 people).
Food & Beverage
- Tables on the Tiki deck remain as 4 or 6. Please do not move the tables.
- Picnic tables in the grass areas do not have capacity restrictions.
- Please, no socializing between tables, as per PHO orders.
- Cancelation policy reduced to 6 hours advanced notice or cancelation fee will be applied (applicable to ALL activities).
- Members must check-in for their booked activities or could be subject to a ‘no show’ fee.
- Guests must only be same household or direct family members; the same guest may come up to twice per month.
- Masks are still required indoors in the Club at all times, other than while seated at a table or engaging in physical activity/on the field of play. Masks are recommended but not required outdoors.
Members can assume that if not mentioned above, all other Club COVID-19 protocols remain in place and are still strictly enforced.
We look forward to getting back to a fully functioning Club. In the meantime, we thank the Members for continuing to adhere to the Club’s COVID-19 protocols.
Joanna Hayes, General Manager