NSWC Pool Re-Opening – Phase 1
We are excited to update you with information regarding our Pool Reopening taking place on Friday May 29th at 12pm. Our priority is the health and safety of you, our members, and our staff. The changes that you are seeing are based on recommendations from local and provincial health authorities, and are intended to help protect everyone’s health and safety.
Below is an outline of our new Pool procedures, starting Friday May 29th at 12pm.
What is the current directive from the Provincial Government with regards to Aquatic protocols?
- Ability to maintain physical distancing of 2 metres apart at all times.
- Enhanced cleaning & disinfectant focus.
- Proper operation, maintenance and disinfectant (chlorine and bromine).
- Managing capacities in small spaces.
What are the procedures for using the Pool?
- Pool lanes and dive tank reservations must be booked on Gametime prior to entering Club. Starting May 27th, bookings can be made 6 days in advance.
- Pool lanes can be booked in 50 minute increments and the dive tank in 20 minute increments twice a week per family or as an individual. We will be allowing a 10 minute complete closure of the pool every 50 minutes to sanitize and disinfect high touch areas. We will also continue to do this while the pool is open if needed.
- If a lane is not booked 24 hours prior, a member or family can book additional pool space outside of their two bookings.
- If you have entered the Club for a different activity and want to use the pool. You can ask Member Services if there is space and if space permits, you can be added for the remainder of the 50 minute time slot, or the next available time slot.
- You must enter the pool from the north gate and exit out the south gate. Please follow arrows in the pool area to ensure social distancing at all times.
- Please wait in the assigned spots outside of the entrance gate while waiting for the pool to empty. A lifeguard will let you know when it is safe to enter the pool deck area.
- Upon entering pool, check in with a lifeguard and they will assign you a lane or designated area for swimming.
- Please if possible, shower at home before coming down the pool.
- No master swim program at this time.
- No outside pool toys allowed.
- Flutter board, life jackets etc. will be signed out and will be properly sanitized after use. Please leave in appropriate marked bins on exiting.
- Cancellation notice of 8 hours is required. No shows and late cancellations will be charged $25. Exceptions will be made due to poor weather.
- Children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult at all times while in the pool.
- Click HERE to book.
- Click on POOL.
- Click on the date.
- Choose Lane 1 – 6 (50 min) or Dive Tank (20 min).
- Add names, starting by last name first.
- Click book at bottom of the page.
- Lessons can be booked on Gametime and in June will be limited to those in Red Cross 4 – 10. Lesson sets start June 1st.
- Private lessons and semi privates can be booked by contacting email@example.com.
- All swimmers will need to have lesson sets with the instructor either out of the water or with 2 metres separation.
- Lesson sets will have a maximum of 4:1 (swimmers to instructor).
- All equipment to be provided by NSWC. No outside equipment allowed in pool.
- Showers will not be available other than the pool showers. (But we strongly suggest you shower at home before coming down to use the pool).
- Water access is limited to touchless taps only.
- No towels provided. Please bring your own towels.
- Cubby holes are closed. Please keep belongings on chairs provided.
- Boys and Girls change rooms will be open for toilets and changing however we encourage you to arrive ready for your lesson or pool space.
- The Wading pool is closed until further notice.
- To keep our staff as safe and to help keep physical distancing protocols as much as possible, the Lifeguards may ask for a parent’s assistance for minor first aid needs such as band aid application or other instances where the parent can come in contact with the child instead of the Lifeguard.
- For other emergencies, the Lifeguard will be wearing gloves and masks and depending on the accident, may require the patron to wear a mask as well.
Illness, Waiver & Self Declaration
- If you are sick or have any Covid-19 symptoms whatsoever, you are not allowed to come to the club
- All members visiting the Club for activities must fill out the online release waiver and self-declaration form. For Members under 18, a parent or guardian must fill out a waiver on their behalf.
- The release waiver and declaration forms must be filled out before visiting the Club. Club access will not be permitted if you have not filled out the waiver.
What do I need to do BEFORE I get to the Club?
- Please ensure you fill out and sign the online self-declaration form for each member of the family (click HERE). This will be saved in our database and checked at the front door upon entry.
- The waiver can also be filled out/signed online from a desktop computer only (click HERE) and either scan your document and email to firstname.lastname@example.org (preferred) or print out and bring a copy to the club. Copies of the waiver are available upon entry if needed.
- These only need to be filled out once, and will be filed with the Club.
- Please arrive 5-10 minutes before your booking time as there could always be a short wait during your entry procedure.
- Only members who have pre-booked online or by calling Member Services will be allowed access to the club and must check-in at Member Services, no drop-ins. Please see below for details.
- No guests or non-members allowed access until further notice.
- Social members have booking privileges for the fitness centre and pool.
- Booking access will only be permitted to members that are in Good Standing. Members accounts must be current within 60 days, or have a pre-arranged payment plan set up with the Accounts Manager, Kristeen DeGobbi, (778-588-9491).
- Children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by a caregiver or adult who actively supervises at all times. One parent supervisor only needed per pre-booked group.
If you have any further questions regarding the pool, please email email@example.com
Joanna Hayes | General Manager