We know we’ve been sending out a lot of new updates and information, we appreciate your patience. We are definitely excited to continue with the slow process of re-opening! As you have already experienced or probably expect, things are looking and operating a little different as the Club re-opens and adapts to the new required protocols. First and foremost, our priority is the health and safety of you, our members, and our staff. The changes that you are seeing are based on recommendations from local and provincial health authorities, and are intended to help protect everyone’s health and safety.
Illness, Waiver & Self Declaration
- If you are sick or have any Covid-19 symptoms whatsoever, you are not allowed to come to the club
- All members visiting the Club for activities must fill out the online waiver/self declaration form. For Members under 18, a parent or guardian must fill out a waiver on their behalf.
- The waiver must be filled out before visiting the Club. Club access will not be permitted if you have not filled out the waiver.
What do I need to do BEFORE I get to the Club?
- Please ensure you fill out and sign the online self-declaration form for each member of the family (click HERE). This will be saved in our database and checked at the front door upon entry.
- The waiver can also be filled out/signed online from a desktop computer only (click HERE ) and either scan your document and email to firstname.lastname@example.org (preferred) or print out and bring a copy to the club. Copies of the waiver are available upon entry if needed.
- These only need to be filled out once, and will be filed with the Club.
- Please arrive 5-10 minutes before your booking time as there could always be a short wait during your entry procedure.
- Only members who have pre-booked online or by calling Member Services will be allowed access to the club and must check-in at Member Services, no drop-ins. Please see below for details.
- No guests or non-members allowed access until further notice.
- Social members have booking privileges for the fitness centre and pool.
- Booking access will only be permitted to members that are in Good Standing. Members accounts must be current within 60 days, or have a pre-arranged payment plan set up with the Accounts Manager, Kristeen DeGobbi, (778-588-9491).
- Children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by a caregiver or adult who actively supervises at all times. Immediate family only. One parent supervisor only needed per pre-booked group.
Below is an outline of our new Fitness procedures, starting Monday May 25th.
What is the current directive from the Provincial Government with regards to Fitness Centre protocols?
- Ability to maintain physical distancing of 2 metres apart at all times
- Minimal sharing of equipment
- Enhanced cleaning & disinfectant focus
- Managing capacities in small spaces
What are the procedures for using the Fitness Centre?
- Starting May 25th we will be offering open workouts and personal training (individual or small group)
- Entry/pathway to the fitness center is clearly marked. Member services entry, pool deck entry/exit doors, pool deck walkway, fitness center patio entry/exit doors
- Please ensure you wash your hands for 20 seconds with soap before entry into the Fitness Center.
- Male and Female washrooms on the fitness floor will be open. Limited to 1 person in at a time.
- Sr. Locker Rooms remain closed, there will not be accessibility to showers at this time. Please shower at home.
- Workout clothing and shoes must be clean and sanitary
- Limited equipment will be available to ensure safe distancing (equipment wrapped in caution tape cannot be used)
- 30 minute max time on all cardio equipment.
- Rectangular sections will be taped onto the floor and you are asked to perform all exercises within these designated sections (first come first serve).
- Equipment may be carried from their storage area into your designated exercise section.
- Members must sanitize all equipment after use.
- Sanitizing stations will be clearly marked and available throughout the Fitness Centre.
- Towels will NOT be provided (please bring your own).
- Water or cups are NOT available in the fitness center. (Please bring your own pre-filled water bottle).
- Fitness Centre hours will be 8:00am – 8:00pm
- Barbells and plates must remain within their own squat rack
How do I book a Workout slot?
- Visit Game Time by clicking Fitness Centre or HERE.
- Members can book a 75 minutes session by clicking on 1 of the 8 available slots. There will be a 15 minute gap between sessions to address a safe transition and cleaning/disinfecting of equipment and area.
- Available slots are indicated by a pale yellow colour.
- You can advance book three (3) sessions per week (Mon-Sun). If the 8 spots are not full the day of, you may book yourself into an available time slot.
- Cancellation notice of 8 hours will be strictly enforced. No shows and late cancellations will be charged $25, and will count towards one of your weekly booking allocations
How do I book a personal training or small group training session?
- Group training will be limited to up to 4 per group, per trainer.
- To book personal training sessions, please contact Fitness Director Garth Prouse email@example.com or contact your current NSWC fitness trainer.
- Packages will be available on Mindbody.
Will there be fitness classes available?
- We will start to offer classes outdoors, weather dependant.
- Classes will be offered indoors as soon as capacity restrictions are updated.
- Please check Mindbody (click HERE), for our class schedule
FOOD & BEVERAGE
Below is an outline of our new Food & Beverage procedures, starting Friday May 22nd.
In this initial Phase One re-opening; only those members that have come to the club for an activity are allowed to remain on the premises to utilize our food and beverage options. Members cannot come down and use the Tiki Deck or Cafe at this stage.
This is a TEMPORARY measure as we implement our F&B safety protocols, and as soon as possible, we will be adding a reservation service in the near future to allow for drop-ins for the Tiki Deck. Thank you for your patience.
- Tiki Deck hours of operation: 12pm – 8pm. Weather Dependent.
- The Tiki Deck will have tables available for families and those that can meet required social distancing rules once they finish their activity at the Club.
- Designated adult section on Tiki Deck, as well as grass area reserved for families.
- Canned beer/cider and non alcoholic options can be ordered at the Tiki deck.
- Wine options are also available with paper/plastic glassware.
- A limited food menu will be available for ordering from the Tiki Deck. Click HERE for current menu options.
- Items will be presented in take out containers and will be dropped off at a table for pick up by the members. Condiments, cutlery and napkins will also be provided in plastic wrapping and individual packaging.
- To help with the safety of our staff, we ask that you use the garbage cans/ recycling bins located on the Tiki Deck and grass areas to dispose of any garbage before leaving.
- The café food service hours have been extended from 10am – 8pm daily.
- Please order through Member Services by calling 604-985-4135.
- Food and beverages will be packaged in take out containers and brought to a designated spot in the Club for pick up.
- Limited menu available.
- Members must follow the recommended physical distancing requirements of staying two meters (six feet) apart at all times.
- Maximum 6 persons per table. Social distancing rules are in effect if you are not from the same family or household.
- Signs will be placed on each table letting members know that the table has been sanitized.
- Please do not approach a table unless this sign is on the table. We will be taking extra safety measures to ensure the tables and chairs are thoroughly cleaned after each use.
- Please limit your time to 60 mins if others are waiting for a table. Occupancy is limited at this point.
Once again, it is the goal of Management and the Board to provide members as much use of the Club as possible within these very challenging and constantly changing times. We also want to acknowledge that the process of re-starting, re-opening, and/or re-emerging will be different for each individual. Personal circumstances, experiences, and perceptions will play a big role in how each member approaches the next few months, but we look forward to seeing you again in the near future at the Club!