You may not know that the North Shore Winter Club has two singles squash courts located near the upper indoor tennis courts. Squash is a fast paced game that provides an excellent cardiovascular workout. Like tennis, it is a game that can be played at any age and is easy to learn and it’s recognized as the number one sport for health and fitness! Both beginner and intermediate Ener-Squash programs are offered at the NSWC.
To develop squash within the community by offering programs/events engaging kids in a healthy sport for life as well as offering every opportunity to progress to a competitive national-international level.
Protective goggles are mandatory to prevent any injuries. Please wear comfortable sport clothing and indoors court shoes with clean non-marking soles and a racquet. The Ener-Squash program provides squash balls.
- Improved aerobic fitness which promotes more efficient circulation of oxygen and better muscular endurance.
- Boosts flexibility and sprint speed, due to the fast-paced nature of the game.
- Improves hand-eye coordination.
- Develops strength and power of muscles, notably leg and arm muscles.
- Furthers concentration and mental strength.
- Boosts cardiovascular fitness (the heart and lungs), allowing more oxygen to be pumped throughout the body.