The purpose of my message today is exactly what you would expect it to be.
WE MUST REMAIN VIGILANT IN OUR EFFORTS TO KEEP COVID-19 FROM HARMING YOU AND OUR NSWC COMMUNITY.
As evident by the daily updates from Dr. Bonnie Henry on the rising cases, and from the actions of other provinces across the country, COVID fatigue can lead to significant negative impacts not only on our health, but on our daily life.
Now more than ever we must remind you that if you choose to come to the Club, we REQUIRE you to follow numerous safety procedures.
- Stay home if you have any flu-like symptoms, are awaiting test results, or have been in close contact with someone who tested positive. Do not under any circumstance come to the club and risk infections to our membership.
- Every member must sign up on-line and sign in verbally to Member Services for each visit to the club.
- We need to stay 2m apart from people that are not in our immediate household.
- Wear your masks unless playing tennis or pickleball, on equipment at the gym, in the pool or seated on the Tiki Deck.
- Multiple sanitization stations are situated throughout the Club and we ask Members to use them on themselves and anything they have sat on, or touched. The Club has extensive cleaning measures in place but at this time, we cannot clean or sanitize too much.
- Stay at one table on the patio with no more than six people from your same household or bubble, and without visiting other tables.
- Our viewing areas and steam room remain closed and we continue to have restrictions on group sizes in the fitness area and others.
These are not decisions made by the staff, or the board. These restrictions, and many others, are mandated by various health and sport authorities, and are intended to keep our members and our staff safe. Members that are found not following the rules of the Club and the Province may be suspended.
On behalf of the Board and Staff, thank you in advance for your efforts. Please take note that this message is not intended to diminish your enjoyment or suggest that anyone, or any group in particular, are not following protocols, but instead, to remind us how LUCKY we are to simply remain open for those who choose to come to the Club.
James Cronk | Board President